Thursday, March 24, 2011

What is this?

As much as I lean on Google and the internet for help when I'm solving problems, I figured it was time for me to contribute and post some of the things I've learned, problems I've solved, etc. Hopefully, something I post here will help someone solve a problem or at least point them in the right direction.

I currently support a network of around 70 Windows PCs across two locations. I also write the software the company uses to run the business. The software handles bidding, purchasing, scheduling, inventory, etc. The only thing I didn't write was the accounting system, for that we use Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains. I've written many different integrations between our internal software and a GPS system, a fuel tracking system, a mobile inventory system, a credit card system and Great Plains. I also develop iPhone software, maintain some PowerBuilder applications, and am working on a large web application written in ASP.net and jQuery.

No comments:

Post a Comment