Monday, June 20, 2011

Lost Windows 7 Password

I had someone bring me a laptop with Windows 7 installed today and he couldn't use the laptop because he had forgotten the password. I didn't think this was a problem until I realized the administrator account password I had originally configured had also been changed. I definitely did not want to re-install Windows so I started searching Google for an answer. I came across a nice free boot disk that allows you to boot into a utility to clear out any password.  Here's the link to the utility and a nice step by step video of resetting a password in Windows 7:

http://windows-server-training.com/windows-7-password-reset-recovery/

I only tried it on Windows 7 but it is supposed to work on older versions of Windows too.

No comments:

Post a Comment