Tuesday, July 19, 2011

XP Home "Access Denied" Error Installing Service Pack 3

I had to fix a machine that was out of date so the first thing I normally do is update XP with all of the latest patches from Microsoft. I noticed the machine I was working on only had service pack 2 so I went ahead and started the install process for service pack 3. Unfortunately, after five to ten minutes a nice vague error that read "Access Denied" popped up. I cancelled the installation process and began searching Google for an answer. I tried a few things until I came across this website:

http://bcrawfordjr.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/access-denied-when-installing-service-pack-3-for-windows-xp/

After going through the process outlined on the website I was able to successfully install service pack 3 and continue updating the machine with all of Microsoft's updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment